Being involved in a car accident is often a stressful and confusing time in a person’s life. An important step that many people choose to take after being involved in a car accident is hiring a car accident attorney to assist them in securing their rights against the other party.
Just as important as hiring a car accident attorney is hiring the right car accident attorney. Below is a list of questions that you should ask before hiring someone to represent you after your car accident.
- How many car accident cases have you handled, and what were the outcomes of these cases
- How many car accident cases have you successfully settled and what were the outcomes of these settlements
- In personal injury cases, do you usually represent the insurance company or the injured claimant
- Have you previously handled any cases similar to mine
- How much do you charge for your services, and by what method — i.e. hourly or flat rate — do you charge
- What other fees — such as court fees and costs — do you anticipate being associated with my case
- Why do you think I do or do not have a strong case
- Can you approximate what types of damages I may be able to receive and what amount I am likely to recover